DIY Pom Pom Blanket | Home Chic Club: DIY Pom Pom Blanket

11/20/2017

DIY Pom Pom Blanket

Hi friends, and welcome back. Today I`m sharing easy way to make your own pom pom blanket. This blankets are very popular and cute, but they can be price as well. I really wanted white one, but I couldn`t find it, and even if I find one I like, I didn`t want to spend that much money, so I decided to make my own.

You will need:
  1. Fleece, flannel of fabric of your choice
  2. Yarn
  3. Scissors
  4. Needle and thread
First step is to cut your fabric to size you want. Mine is 130x160 cm (50x60 inces), but you can do any size, depending on your needs.
Note: You can use any fabric you like, but if you want to skip saying edges, use fabric that doesn`t fray. 

Next step is to make a bunch of pompoms. As I said before, I wanted my blanket all white, so I used white yarn, but you can use different color yarn for your pompoms and make a colorful blanket.
Pompoms can be made in a many different ways. I will show you the way with a DIY pom pom maker.
Using a cardboard (the sturdier the better) cut out two circles exactly the same size and made a little opening on both. The larger the circle, the larger the pom pom. 
Lay the circles together and wrap the yarn around and around. Insert your scissors between the two pieces of cardboard and carefully cut around, being careful not to lose any of the yarn bits through the opening.
Using a separate piece of yarn, secure in the middle of the pom pom and tie tight to secure. 
Trim to form a nice round shape and your pompoms are ready. 
Last part is to sew the pompoms on your blanket and voila, your pom pom blanket is done!! 
I`m really happy how it turned out, looks so pretty and cute on my sofa. Now I`m gonna do my happy dance!! :D
What do you think? Do you like it?
Thank you so much for stopping by, wishing you a wonderful day!

24 comments:

  1. Wow, izvrsna ideja. Posebno za nas ljubitelje dekica u dnevnom boravku ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jao pa predivna jeee! <33
    https://forever-blogm.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so nice and seems to be so easily and quickly done. Really nice idea!
    Have a good evening

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting post! Thanks for sharing! ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post dear! thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this magical idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely DIY. It looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prekrasan DIY projekt! I mi smo trenutno u pom pom-ima, savršeni su za ovo doba u godini! Veliki pozdrav! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala puno draga, jedva čekam da vidim! <3

      Delete
  9. wow the blancet looks so cute and its perfect for winter time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post, dear))
    Have a lovely day!

    VeraBelBlog | Instagram

    ReplyDelete