Healthy Vegan/Gluten Free Snicker Bars | Home Chic Club: Healthy Vegan/Gluten Free Snicker Bars

1/20/2020

Healthy Vegan/Gluten Free Snicker Bars

Vegan and Gluten Free, these Healthy "Snickers" Bars will satisfy any sweet tooth! Made with only 6 plant based ingredients, they’re easy to make and they are actually good for you.
First a disclaimer - I am not a vegan! I would love to be one day, but for now, I`m not. Why I brought that out?! Well, I love sweets, the real ones with a lots of sugar, chocolate, nuts..., you`ll know what I mean if you`re anything like me. And I really LOVE this bars!! Also, I have a allergy to gluten, so I made them gluten free. They are GOOD in 2 ways, first, they are truly delicious, and second, they are good for your health, too! Win, win combination, and I like it!! I can enjoy them without quilt and "I feel good"...💃
So, after the holidays and all the yummy stuff we had, I thought it`s time to think about our health and cut the sugar, and I stumbled upon a few recipes for the vegan bars. Snickers was always my favorite, so the choice was easy for me. Delicious and easy to make. Oh yeah, and did I mention you only need 6 plant based ingredients to make these bars? Also,this recipe also only requires about 20-30 minutes of work (depending on did your make peanut butter and out flour), and if you use Chocolate that’s sweetened with stevia or coconut sugar, they are also refined sugar free!
Just look at them... pure heaven for me. You need to try these asap, I wish I did that earlier. I had such a bad feeling every time I had store bought Snickers. But I don’t have to worry about that anymore, now that I know how easy these are to make, and how delicious and healthy they are too, they may become a very regular in our home. My son loves them too, and he is a very hard to please, even with a regular sweets!
Now, on to the recipe.

INGREDIENTS
Caramel Layer:
1 packed cup dates
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt

Nougat Layer:
⅔ cup almond flour (out flour)
¼ cup date caramel, above
Other:
⅓ cup dry roasted peanuts (I used unsalted)
200 gr vegan, gluten free chocolate

INSTRUCTIONS

Remove the pits from the dates and pack them (really pack them!) into 1 cup. Transfer the dates to a larger bowl and cover with hot water. Soak for 10 minutes. 
If you do not have almond flour, make some by blending in a coffee grinder and sift to make a fine powder. If you don`t need gluten free bars, you can also use a out flour. You can make your out flower, just scant ⅔ cup of quick or rolled oats in a blender for 45-60 seconds until smooth and fluffy. 
Drain any excess liquid off of the dates (they should be relatively moist, but not dripping) and add them to a food processor or high speed blender with the remaining ingredients for the caramel. Process until thick and smooth, scraping the sides of the device if necessary.Remove the “caramel” from the food processor. 
For the nougat, add the almond or oat flour to the food processor (no need to rinse) with ¼ cup of the "caramel" and process until well incorporated. This should form a slightly sticky dough that will hold together when you pinch it. Evenly press the nougat into a small and narrow container.
Use a spatula to spread the remaining caramel evenly over the nougat, then sprinkle the peanut over the caramel. Use your fingers to press the peanuts into the caramel layer, so they stick.

Place this in the freezer for 60-90 minutes, until firm, then remove it the from the container, and use a sharp knife to cut it into bar-sized pieces. Return bars to the freezer while you melt the chocolate.

Melt your chocolate using either a double boiler or the microwave. If you choose to use the microwave, place your chocolate pieces in a wide bowl (so the candy bars will fit inside) and microwave at 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between. Once the chocolate is 75% melted, stop microwaving and stir the mixture with a spatula until completely melted. 
Moving quickly, place 1 candy bar into the bowl of melted chocolate. Use two forks to flip the bar, until it is coated in chocolate on all sides. Remove it from the melted chocolate, letting any excess chocolate to drip off. Then, place it onto a backing sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining bars.
Place the bars in the fridge for 5-10 minutes, to allow the chocolate to harden.
Serve and enjoy! Bars are best stored in the fridge and will last there for up to 10 days (mine hardly lasted for 2 days, hahahaha). You can also place them in the freezer, where they will last for up to one month – just let the bars thaw for 5 minutes before serving. If you like this "Snickers Bars" and want more healthy and yummy recipes like this, please comment and share! Thanks!
Follow me on Pinterest HERE  
Find Free Printables HERE
_____________
Keep in touch!
Love FREE PRINTABLES?
Sign up for my email subscriber list and get your FREE
Daily and Weekly To Do List, Free Fitness Planner Printable;
The Ultimate Packing List
and much more to come!
Subscribers Only!
free daily and weekly to do pages

9 comments:

  1. These look so yummy!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. беру рецепт на заметку

    https://evgenijamir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. S obzirom na to da sam veliki ljubitelj slatkog, a ovo je neka zdrava verzija slatkiša, definitivno ću isprobati recept. Sjajan post.💖

    Sweet-dreams-14.blogspot.com - novi post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hvala draga, nadam se da ce ti se dopasti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These vegan bars look yummy.

    ReplyDelete